Job Title: Business Development Administrator
Location: Greater Belfast, BT3.
Hours: 3 days per week – 21 hours per week (exclusive of lunch breaks). Days of work will be Tues/Wed/Thurs or Wed/Thurs/Fri. Flexible start/finish times are in operation with core working hours from 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Starting salary range is £13,529 – £14,929 (based on 3 days per week). This is a six-point salary scale, with progression opportunities occurring each April.
Benefits: 6% Employee & 6% Employer contributions. Entitlement (pro rata) is 39 days each year inclusive of statutory and public holidays rising to 44 days after 10 years’ service. The leave year runs from 1st August to 31st of July.
On behalf of our client, an educational not for profit, we are seeking an Administrator to join their Belfast based team on a permanent, part time basis.
The Administrator will support the Business Development Support Officer to produce centre activity reports, registration reports, certification reports and new centre enquiry reports for line manager, Business Development team/Board and others as required.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent e.g. essential skills) to include English Language and Mathematics or NVQ Level 2 Administration (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in a clerical/administrative office environment to include the following:
Experience of carrying out a range of clerical duties including:
Maintaining databases and spreadsheets
Producing general correspondence
Experience of providing clerical/secretarial assistance in line with organisational procedures
Dealing with customer queries
- The ability to use a wide range of IT packages in a working environment and up to date knowledge of using Microsoft Office (e.g. Word; Excel; Outlook, Internet) along with a working knowledge of using computerised booking systems.
- Strong organisational/administration skills with the ability to plan and prioritise tasks within an agreed work schedule.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with a strong customer awareness and focus.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexible, willing to adapt to new tasks and duties.
- Organised, methodical approach to work
Maintain all internal and external service standards to meet customer requirements.
- Provide a general telephone advice and guidance service to all Centres including but not limited to;
- explaining the difference between regulated, non-regulated and national qualifications,
- setting up qualifications,
- setting up courses
- explaining units descriptors and structures of qualifications and what units and credits are,
- explaining how to select appropriate qualifications and units
- unit writing,
- policies and procedures,
- standardisation events,
- fee structures and invoice queries,
- using relevant management information systems/databases and the website,
- dealing with all potential new centre enquiries and advising on how to complete application process.
- Advise Centres on the training services available to them, for example, assessor training, internal verifier training etc
- Provide an administrative support service to the Business Development team in relation to OCN NI qualifications including:-
- Supporting new and existing centres who could use OCN NI qualifications and courses
- Preparing supporting information and marketing materials for qualifications and courses
- Collating relevant information
- Update Quartz database with key information as required
- Update Business Development team with key information as required
To apply for this role please email your CV in strictest confidence and you will then be contacted to discuss the opportunity. Please note only applicants that match these criteria can be considered for the role.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.