We are seeking to recruit a Clerical Officer, within Finance, on behalf of the NI Assembly, Stormont, Belfast.
Job Title: Clerical Officer – Finance
Closing date: 2pm on Friday 16 February 2024
Duration: ASAP for 12 months
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Check, query and accurately input invoice information onto a Purchase to Pay system, for reconciliation;
· Respond promptly to email, telephone and face to face queries regarding invoice and payment queries; demonstrate excellent customer service skills, particularly when liaising with external suppliers;
· Prepare and check information for a weekly Payrun, ensuring all information has been entered accurately, and valid sign-off is retained for each payment;
· Prepare CHAPS banking payments for any ad-hoc payments required outside of the weekly Payrun, ensuring valid sign-off has been recorded;
· Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations and ensure that the finance accounting system is kept up to date for any cash transactions;
· Assist in the preparation of journals for review by management and input manual journals onto the finance accounting system, as required;
· Review bank account balances and ensure any drawdown of funds is requested in line with cash requirements / cash forecasting.
· Managing own work to ensure the delivery of objectives;
· Providing accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by referring to organisational policies and procedures.
· Effectively using Microsoft Office and bespoke internal Assembly software systems and databases to prepare documents;
· Complying with all Assembly Commission’s policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures;
· Carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.
· One year’s previous experience working in a busy Accounts Payable department.
· One year’s previous experience in a finance related role, including the purchase ledger and nominal ledger.
· A sound basic understanding of Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft excel.
You must also include a bullet pointed synopsis at the top of your CV demonstrating how exactly you meet the Essential Criteria.
Please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Caroline Parker by clicking on the link before Friday 16th February 2024 at 2pm.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details. Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.