Job Title: Engineer – Operations
Duration: Full Time Permanent position
Hours: 8.30am-5pm Monday-Thursday, 8.30am-4:30pm, Friday. 37 hours per week. Once trained, there is a stand by and call out rota.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution for qualifying staff, Free life assurance, Enhanced maternity pay for qualifying staff, enhanced sick pay for qualifying staff, Give as you Earn scheme, 20 days annual leave and 11 bank holidays, Up to an additional 5 days for length of service, Further education policy, Dedicates health and wellbeing programme, Employee assistance program.
On behalf of our client, a Northern Ireland provider of excellent service, delivering positive change with a forward looking attitude. We are seeking an Engineer (Operations), who will carry out a range of engineering and technical duties to support the delivery of asset maintenance/remedial work streams, respond to emergency situations and undertake planned operations required to maintain the safety, condition and efficient performance
The candidate will be responsible for undertaking site surveys and assessment of distribution pipe, equipment and associated assets to determine condition, the extent of remedial/replacement works required and to prioritise scheduling accordingly. You will also prepare and issue work instructions to the engineering contractor and liaise closely to agree schedules of works and complete project management plans/spreadsheets to accurately track progress.
You will prepare accurate costings for various asset maintenance activities supported by ongoing financial monitoring, management and reporting. You will also liaise as necessary with outside parties including property management companies, councils and customers to facilitate the safe execution of identified works to required timescales. With this, you will need to be able to use excellent communication skills with colleagues and external bodies.
You will contribute to the engineering design of the gas distribution system compliant with relevant legislation, regulations and Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers technical requirements and guidance. You will also be expected to have proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, with contributions effectively made in a multi-functional environment.
Other key accountabilities include:
- To assist and participate in the training and competency assessment of others and the participation in rostered engineering emergency standby duties as appropriate.
- To carry out site audit / snagging of completed works to ensure delivery of all safety, technical and quality requirements.
- To support technical and operational activities in decarbonisation and transitioning away from natural gas to a more sustainable energy (facilitating biomethane injection and supporting potential hydrogen blending).
- To review and update processes, procedures and asset management plans to deliver continual improvement reflecting new or amended working practices and changing work activity.
- Engineering Degree Qualification OR Engineering based NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) with minimum 1 year’s relevant experience working within an engineering environment OR currently holds Eng Tech grade within a relevant professional institution.
- Application of engineering principles.
- Strong IT skills, including the use of Microsoft packages.
- Full valid EU / UK driving licence.
- Experience of working on operational and asset condition / integrity focused activities associated with gas networks or similar.
- Experience and knowledge of working on utilities infrastructure.
- Working towards IEng/CEng grade with a relevant professional institution.
- Knowledge of application legislation, regulations and relevant gas industry technical standards.
- Understanding of gas and other utility infrastructure and installation methods.
- Planning and overseeing site works.
- Project and budget management.
If you would like to be considered for this role or find out more, please email me your CV now by clicking on the link and I will be in touch. All details are treated in the strictest confidence.
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you would like to look for a new opportunity, please get in contact with us.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.