Job Title: Hospital Specialty Training Administrative Officer
Location: Northern Ireland Medical & Dental Training Agency
Salary: Band 3, £11.11 per hour
Duration: Temporary, 3 months with possible extension
Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Thursday & 8.30am – 4.30pm on Friday
The post-holder will work within the Hospital Specialty Training team providing support in relation to key areas of work such as recruitment, trainee assessment and regional teaching processes. The post-holder will also support the Hospital Specialty Training Executive Officer and other members of the team with key activities to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of administration in the department.
The post-holder will be expected to input information accurately into a variety of databases and keep electronic records up to date.
KEY Activities & Responsibilities
- To deal with general incoming telephone calls and emails as appropriate, ensuring prompt action is taken
- To provide administrative support for the organisation of the Specialty Recruitment process to recruit junior doctors into training.
- To assist with the co-ordination and servicing of the Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) assessment interviews for all trainees within Hospital Specialty Training programmes.
- To assist with the organisation of School Boards and Training Committees within the Hospital Specialty Schools.
- To support the education management of exam preparation and training courses within specialties.
- To maintain and update the electronic records and databases.
- To maintain and update the College Eportfolio systems for trainee doctors and manage trainee queries.
- To ensure that trainee doctors are issued with appropriate induction information and documentation on appointment and coordinate return of induction information.
- To coordinate the travel arrangements for Heads and Deputy Heads of School, Training Programme Directors and all visitors to the Deanery.
- To undertake any other duties as directed.
1a. Five GCSE’s (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths, Grades A* – C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR Higher Qualification
1b. 18 months relevant experience*
- Evidence of one year’s experience working with Microsoft Office or similar.
*Relevant experience is defined as working in a business environment undertaking administrative support.
To apply for this role please email your CV in strictest confidence to Daniel at Apple Recruitment and you will then be contacted to discuss the opportunity.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.