Job Title: Professional Support Assistant
Salary: £11.11 per hour
Location: NIMTDA, Beechill, House, 42 Beechill Road, Belfast, BT8 7RL
Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday & 8.30am – 4.30pm on Friday
Duration: Available immediately for a period of up to 3 months
The Professional Support and Wellbeing team is responsible for the provision of a support service to junior doctors and dentists in training including one to one support, mentoring, coaching and career development. The Professional Support team are also responsible for the pre-employment processes for Junior doctors and dentists entering training programmes in Northern Ireland. This includes the management of the sponsorship for Junior Doctors and Dentists. The post-holder will assist in the delivery of efficient, high quality human resources and professional support functions.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To co-ordinate AccessNI checks for all junior doctors and dentists appointed to training programmes within Northern Ireland to include processing of AccessNI checks.
- To co-ordinate pre-placement health assessments for all junior doctors and dentists appointed to training programmes within Northern Ireland to include liaising with occupational health departments.
- To co-ordinate right to work checks for all junior doctors and dentists appointed to training programmes within Northern Ireland, to include meeting with trainees to complete the right to work check.
- To monitor the progress of trainees’ pre-employment checks to update Trust medical HR and NIMDTA training/employment departments.
- To develop close working relationships with members of the NIMDTA training/employment departments, Trust medical HR teams and Trust Occupational Health departments.
- To ensure that information systems are accurately and efficiently maintained within the department.
- To act as first point of contact for queries to the PSW department and to provide professional advice as required.
- To provide administrative support in relation to the recruitment and selection of NIMDTA administrative and educator staff.
- To assist with the management of new referrals to the PSW including arranging meetings with case managers, processing referrals, and following standardised administrative processes.
- To assist with HR processes to include the management of flexi sheets for relevant NIMDTA employees and dealing with queries which arise.
- To provide administrative support to PSW team meetings as required.
- To provide administrative support in relation to procurement in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To provide administrative support to the Professional Support Team including organising meetings, arranging travel, carrying out word processing duties, managing incoming post and general email addresses.
1a. Five GCSE’s (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A* – C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
1b. 18 Months relevant experience
- One year’s experience working with Microsoft Office or similar
* Relevant experience is defined as working in an office environment carrying out administrative duties such as preparing letters/correspondence, maintaining systems/databases, communicating with stakeholders
To apply for this role please email your CV in strictest confidence to Daniel at Apple Recruitment and you will then be contacted to discuss the opportunity.
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.