Job Title: Project Manager (Band 7)
Duration: Temporary. Full time
ASAP – July 2023 (with potential for extension)
Salary: Band 7 (£40,057 – £45,839)
Hours: 37.5 hours
On behalf of our client we are seeking to recruit a Project Manager who will take responsibility for the management and delivery of small to medium-sized projects across encompass. They will deliver projects to time and budget in line with approved standards. The Project Manager will work with key stakeholders for each project delivered. They will facilitate transformation and change in relevant service areas.
- Lead and deliver small to medium sized projects to time and budget as directed and advised.
- Use and compliance encompass service management processes for all service management activity.
- Secure the financial and other resources required for successful delivery of projects. Monitor overall progress and use of resources, initiating prompt and effective corrective action as and when necessary.
- Represent the BSO and encompass in local or regional forums and other collaborative projects and structures. Work with key stakeholders across the HSC and beyond on all aspects of assigned projects.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision making whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
- Review individually, at least annually, the performance of immediately subordinate staff, provides guidance on personal development requirements and advises on and initiates, where appropriate, further training.
You will need:
- A university degree or professional qualification and have at least 3 years’ experience in a project management role within a major organisation;
- Have worked for at least 4 years in a project management role within a major organisation.
- Have experience of leading ICT supported projects with a budget of over £50,000
- Have previous experience utilising a project methodology (e.g. PRINCE 2, other similar methodology).
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. These criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience managing teams of people.
- Demonstrate evidence of personally managing and leading change within an organisation.
- Have worked with a range of stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes.
- Have excellent communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Must be competent using desktop IT and willing to learn new skills in this area.
In BSO we value:
- Respect for staff and customers
- Accountability in how we deliver our services
- Transparency, openness and trust
- Partnership and collaboration with our stakeholders and customers
- Professionalism and expertise
If you would like to be considered for this role or find out more, please email me your CV now by clicking on the link and I will be in touch. All details are treated in the strictest confidence.
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you would like to look for a new opportunity, please get in contact with us.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.