Job Title: Treasury Finance Assistant
Location: Greater Belfast Area, BT14.
Duration: Temporary – 6 months
Salary: £25,471 pro rata
Hours 08:00-16:00 / 08.30-16.30 / 09.00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
On behalf of our client, a Public Sector organisation, we are seeking a Treasury Finance Assistant to support the work of the Treasury team.
You will need:
- EITHER a. At least two-years’ experience of working in a Finance/Accounting environment OR b. a third level Business/Finance related qualification.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Support line manager with month end and year-end accounting and reconciliation process ensuring that working papers and reports for management are prepared to a high standard and supported by appropriate documentation.
- Preparation and review of journals on Oracle Finance system for treasury transactions making use of functionality on Excel including macros, functions and formatting to ensure that transactions are recorded accurately and on a timely basis.
- Review and processing of payment instructions including BACS runs, manual cheques, CHAPS, foreign currency payment requests, and other banking instructions using appropriate technology in accordance with organisational policies and controls to ensure payments are issued in a timely and controlled manner.
- Monitoring of credit card receipts to ensure reconciliation between generated reports, Payment Service Provider reports and funds received into the bank accounts to ensure that payments recorded as being collected from customers are received by the company.
- Identifying, investigating, monitoring and resolving queries concerning payment and receipt transactions where queries are raised by a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that payments issued reach the required destination in a timely and controlled manner and receipts from customers and other stakeholders are recorded and managed accurately and efficiently.
- Management of amendments to supplier bank details held within the Financial Accounting systems to protect the Group of Companies and their suppliers against potential attempted bank detail and other forms of payment fraud.
- Management of cash pooling transfers between bank accounts on electronic banking system daily to ensure cash assets are maintained in line with Treasury Policies to ensure that the NI Water Group of Companies optimizes the financial interest returns available from the investment of cash balances in instant access and current bank accounts.
- Day to day management of information contained within the cash management module of Oracle
- Monitoring and review of contract deliverables for Treasury supplier contracts.
If you would like to be considered for this role or find out more, please email me your CV now by clicking on the link and I will be in touch. All details are treated in the strictest confidence.
If this role isn’t quite right for you but you would like to look for a new opportunity, please get in contact with us.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.